apartmentfrancesca

The apartment Francesca is the first apartment one encounters arriving at the accommodation, with independent entrance and, large porch with garden...


more
apartmentirene

The apartments Irene and Sara are two identical apartments, each with private entrance and porch for common use. The surface of each apartment is 55...


more
apartmentsara

The apartments Irene and Sara are two identical apartments, each with private entrance and porch for common use. The surface of each apartment is 55...


more
Where we are
GPS Coordinates:
LONGITUDE: E 11.05034
LATITUDE: N 42.72756

Deutsch version Italian version

Information of Maremma



Alberese: wonderful location in the Maremma Park a stone's throw from the Argentario surrounded by spaces and nature reserves: in this place, can find and admire the flora and fauna characteristic of the territory. You can spend their days surrounded by nature choosing whether to go horseback riding or trekking on foot perhaps devoted to bird watching. An ideal place to get away from the hectic world of cities and enjoy the country life in close contact with the environment and nature.



Castiglione della Pescaia: one of the locality more popular in Italy, and his fame and big abroad, especially in the Scandinavian countries and Germany. Of Roman origin, was known in ancient times with the name of Salebrum. Interesting and the wall which defends the medieval town, which is a great card for this seaside town with a strong tourist vocation. From the city center you go down to the harbor, where pleasure craft dock reaching from the characteristic channel in which, every day, passing the fishing boats supplying fish restaurants and local eateries.



Saturnia: Antique Etruscan town yielded to Roman Dominion, rich of interesting testimonies of this epoch: the Roman part, the antique streets, the remains of public and private buildings, in particular the Castellum Acquarium at Murella, the imposing ruins of the thermal baths, the hot springs of Saturnia, around the town there are many necropolis, the oldest one, at Sede di Carlo.



Monte Argentario: a magic Island, made of sharp pointed rocks, sun and sea, green plants and bushes. The fascination of this land, already irresistible at the times of the Quirites, even though, in the course of the centuries declined and became shelter for a fisher community. The Argentario area was definitely inhabited by the Etruscans, but had an important commercial importance only during the Roman period, who founded the colonia Cosa and probably also Porto Ercole. Later, the Pisans, followed by the Senese, fortified the area for the defence of Saracens. The area with its wild and sweet beauty at the same time, reserves for any visitor a fantastic angle.



The Tarot Garden: an unusual park created by the artist Niki De Saint Phalle at Garavicchio. Coming from Grosseto, after the junction for Capalbio, exit Chiarone, junction for Pescia Fiorentina, driving on the road for approx. 3 km until reaching the above mentioned place. The tarot garden presents 22 sculptures, representing the major arcana cards. During the winter, it is possible to visit the park on reservation, with groups of at least 15 people. One ticket has a cost of Lire 20.000, for kids between 7 and 13 years, for students and pensioners for Lire 12.000, children under 7 years and disabled are free. Every first Satuday of the month, until 9th May, from 9 a.m. until 1 a.m. entrance is free. For further information call +39 0564 895122.



Elba Island: the greatest island of the Tuscan archipelago, mountainous and rough, has 118 km of coastline, winding in high and rocky tracks and small sand beaches. Fishing and wine production are of great importance for the island economy, but the main source of income is tourism. The charm of the landscape is always attracting visitors. Known since antiquity, the island was dominated first by the Etruscans and then by the Romans, who started with the exploitation of iron mines.



Giglio Island: situated 13 km west from the Argentario promontory, Giglio Island is completely mountainous and covered with Mediterranean macchia wood. The mild climate favours the cultivation of vine that, together with fishing and tourism, are representing the main important economic sources. From the administrative point of view, the island belongs to the Province of Grosseto. Dominated by Romans, Pisans and then by the Aragonese, in 1558 it was acquired by the Medici and therefore started to be part of Grand Duchy Tuscany. Those who visit the Maremma must visit the island, as it is possible to visit it in only one day.



Park of Maremma: in 1975 wild landscapes and surroundings took the name Park of Maremma. The park is extending from the pinewood Tombolo at Principina a Mare until Talamone, including a coastline of 20 km. It is definitely the most various and characteristic nature reserve in Italy, protecting inside the typical Maremma habitat: the final flow of the Ombrone river with the estuary and the Trappola marshes, the dunes and tombolos, the macchia wood, pinewood, mountains and the  calcareous conglomerates. For park visits and excursions call +39 0564 407098 or call the Cooperativa Albatro in Grosseto +39 0564 410121/412000.



Pitigliano: from the church Madonna delle Grazie, dedicated as ex-vow for the pest in 1527, around sunset, when it is illuminated completely by the sun, it is possibile to admire from Pitigliano an unforgettable view. One breathes an air of changeable civilty and culture in the unpredictable logic of times: in the prehistoric, the Etruscan, the Roman, unifying people into communes, the medieval of the Aldobrandeschi, lords of the Maremma for about half millennium, the renaissance grandeur of the noble Roman Orsini family; the Medici and the Lorena. These are 3500 years years of history. The village is dominated by the Orsini fortress. Inside of the building is situated a museum with archaeological pieces, coming from the Etruscan excavations at Statonia. At Capisotto there is the 16th century church Chiesa Santa Maria. In the square, called after Gregorio VII, there is the baroque cathedral. In the "ghetto" is situated the Jewish synagogue.



Sorano: a village of dark tuff stone, built on terraces that were cut into an opened rock and made of steep rocks digged from the torrent Lente. The village is probably of Etruscan origin, but its name "Soranus" testimonies the Roman influence. Houses are threatened by the Leopoldine block, another tuff rock with a terrace on the top, dominating the village. Inside of the historic centre, there are the church and what is remaining of the earl's mansion: the portal and the yard. The fortress, designed by A. Maria Lari in 1552, is standing out on the medieval part of the village, connected with a defence system, whose imposing remains are visible at Montorio, Castell’Ottieri and Vitozza. The fortress con be visited from the undergrounds to the high bastions, referring to the medieval renaissance museum  inside.



Sovana: already populated in the 7th, 11th and 9th B.C. and its greatest development took place at the same time with the surrender of Vulci to Rome, in 280 B.C. Already in the 11th century it was episcopal diocese. The medieval buildings can be dated around the 12th-13th century. Until 1313, it was earldom of the Aldobrandeschi, when it passed to the Orsini. At last, it belonged to the Senese, to the Medici, followed by the Lorraine. In evidence are the Cathedral of the 9th-11th century. Dating back to the 13th century are the fortress and the church Santa Maria with inside a tabernacle of the 9th-10th century. In the surrounding hills, there are Etruscan tombs. The huge temple formed Ildebranda tomb, renews the memory of Gregorio VII, born in Sovana. The room underneath is of extreme simplicity and is in contrast to the magnificent outside decorations.



Massa Marittima: situated in a hilly region, called Colline Metallifere (engl. metalliferous hills) a town of antique traditions. Around the year 1000, it was episcopal feud and in 1225 it became free commune with its own mint, own weights and measures and the town gave to Europe the first Mining Code. The main public and private buildings are dating back to the period of free commune, such as the splendid Piazza, dominated by the majestic cathedral. Conquered in 1335, Massa Marittima became part of the Republic of Siena, as simple countryside. In 1555, when the Florentines chased the Senese away, Massa Marittima was absorbed by the Grand Duchy of Tuscany, the Lorraine dynasty. In the 18th century mining activity as well as land reclamation helped to improve the local economy. For further information, please call +39 0566 902756.



Monte Amiata: antique transhumance road for the herds, used in the course of centuries by the shepherds, coming down to the valley. It was the fortress of the Maremma; shelter of refugees, dreamers and today, a vacation resort for those, searching for a pleasant temperature during hot summers or, in the winter for skiing. For further information, please call +39 0564 778608.